Job Summary:Responsible for the day to day tasks with ensuring manufacturing parts and equipment are shipped appropriately. This position ensures the paperwork is timely, accurate and complete before the material is shipped. Manages shipping cost to customer and company. Participates in production meeting to ensure time lines are obtainable. Works closely with QC, Accounting and Purchasing. Must be organized, speak, read and write English.
- Reads and accurately interprets engineering drawings.
- Works with the project team to ensure vessels and materials are shipped on time and in accordance with the customer logistics.
- Obtains quotes from shipping vendors; provides weights, dims, crate and pallet counts, etc.
- Prepares bill of lading and ensures all items and fall off match the job bill of materials.
- Accurately prepares packing lists that itemizes everything from the bill of materials.
- Stages job materials in preparation for shipping specific jobs.
- Prep Units for proper shipments, such as wood covers, crates, protective packing material, etc.
- Inspects load for safe travel including making sure items are not damaged, scratched or inappropriately loaded.
- Ensures rigging is positioned and/or padded to protect the paint/finish.
- Takes photos of jobs including fall-off and crated items, and uploads them to computer.
- Processes all paperwork of shipped/received materials for other departments such as accounting, purchasing and QC.
- Attends job kick off meetings and production meetings and contributes to the review to ensure shipping logistics and timelines are met.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school Diploma, or equivalent GED.
- Strong organizational skills with good attention to detail.
- Works with calculator, computer knowledge and other electronic equipment efficiently.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of rigging, use of cranes, and able to safely drive a forklift.
- ASME Experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize work load according to specific deadlines
- Data Entry Management, General Math Skills, Manufacturing background.
- Team focused and the ability to decipher large amounts of knowledge and condense into reportable and understandable outcomes.
- The ability to be a part of a team supporting coworkers and working towards accomplishing tasks.
Physical Requirements and other items to communicate:
Ability to use up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force continuously to move objects. Ability to stand, walk, climb stairs and ladders; and push and pull equipment. Ability to move heavy materials and equipment. Crouches, kneels, stoops, reaches, and turns over 75% of shift.
Work in a high pace manufacturing environment, ability to multitask and prioritize workload by sharing work space with interruptions from others. The work will frequently extend beyond a standard 8am-5pm work day in order to meet a deadline or accomplish necessary tasks.