Job Title: Full Charge Bookkeeper
Job Summary: The bookkeeper is responsible for computing, classifying and recording financial transactions to ensure the financial records of the organization are accurate. The bookkeeper also performs routine financial calculations and general ledger duties. The bookkeeper may also check the accuracy of calculations performed by other employees. The bookkeeper performs all accounting duties throughout the monthly/quarterly/annual accounting cycles including accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, work in process, taxes, setting up new vendors and clients.
· Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store and analyze information.
· Checks figures, postings and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy and proper codes.
· Classifies, records and summarizes numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
· Debits, credits and totals accounts in computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
· Receives, records and banks cash, checks and vouchers.
· Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations.
· Compiles statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
· Codes documents according to company procedures.
· Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records
· Prepares monthly financial reports, journal entries for fixed assets and depreciation, runs and analyses trial balance and corrects discrepancies to balance financials.
· Maintains accurate financial schedules for fixed assets, WIP, depreciation.
· Closes the monthly books.
· All other tasks as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
Must have high school diploma. Associates degree or higher in accounting or business related field a preferred. Must have knowledge and experience working with SAGE accounting software. Has a general understanding of manufacturing and the terminology used. Team focused and the ability to decipher large amounts of knowledge and condense into reportable and understandable outcomes. The ability to be a part of a team supporting coworkers with knowledge and limiting disclosure of confidential information