Job Title: Designer
The primary role of a Designer is to create fabrication drawings for pressure vessels, structural steel, piping and P&ID’s using the Inventor and AutoCAD software. Serve as a mentor for drafters and be responsible for the checking and accuracy of drawings produced for approval to the customer and the fabrication shop.
- Create 3D models and extract 2D fully dimensioned drawings with weld symbols and all other information to support fabrication.
- Perform checking for pressure vessels, structural steel and piping.
- Mentor the drafters with lesser experience.
- Support the project from receipt of order, fabrication and shipment.
- Capable of overseeing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Participate in design review in house and with customer.
- Continuously seek ways to improve the Design process and communications.
- Always consider and encourage safety as a top priority.
Skills and Qualifications:
Must have a high school diploma and extended education in drafting design and 3D software a plus.
Must have proficiency in the use of AutoCAD, Inventor, and Vault. Skilled at developing complete sets of complex designs which include structural designs, mechanical designs, ASME coded vessels, and piping designs. The designer must have the ability to review and understand customer specifications.
Must have experience with ASME Section VIII DIV.1, AISC, SID. Must have proven experience supporting a fabrication shop with accurate details and bill of materials for constructability.
Ability to create conceptual designs through final design. Have a strong understanding of welding symbols and application. Ability to understand and use Compress calculations to create an ASME Code vessel detail drawing. Read and write English, communicating effectively with team members.
Must always demonstrate and follow safety guidelines. Work as a team player working with and supporting other team members in and outside of the immediate department.