The KLS-1C vertical separator for pipeline quality gas is our most compact design making it ideal for metering skids and removal of carryover from amine and glycol contactor towers. The absence of a bulk removal section eliminates the need for a second dump valve and controls.
The KLS Helical Coil Separator utilizes impingement, coalescence, and inertia to provide maximum contaminant removal efficiencies, outperforming all current traditionally accepted separation methods. The Mueller KLS has become the industry standard for removal of black powder, pipeline iron sulfides, iron oxides, lube oils, glycol, liquid hydrocarbons, condensate and salts.
ADVANTAGES OF THE KLS-1C
- Reduces operating and maintenance costs (no replacement filters or moving parts)
- Greatly reduces hazardous waste disposal costs and worker exposure
- Reduces “lost and unaccounted for gas” and eliminates gas meter measurement error
- Improves fuel efficiency (no incremental increase in compressor suction dp)
- Operates efficiently over a wide and varying flow conditions
- Increases glycol/amine lifecycle and eliminates fire and explosion in the reboiler