The Mueller KLS-2 horizontal separator is commonly used when the application has large gas and/or contaminate volume flows. The KLS-2 utilizes a first stage buffer where large contaminate volume separates from the gas stream due to gravity. The gas, free of bulk contaminate, flows into the helical coils for high efficiency contaminate removal. Two internally isolated collection sumps are emptied using separate dump lines.
INDUSTRY LEADING TECHNOLOGY
The KLS Helical Coil Separator utilizes impingement, coalescence, and inertia to provide maximum contaminant removal efficiencies, outperforming all current traditionally accepted separation methods. The Mueller KLS has become the industry standard for removal of black powder, pipeline iron sulfides, iron oxides, lube oils, glycol, liquid hydrocarbons, condensate and salts.
ADVANTAGES OF THE KLS-2
- Reduces operating and maintenance costs (no replacement filters or moving parts)
- Can be configured as a mobile unit
- Greatly reduces hazardous waste disposal costs and worker exposure
- Reduces “lost and unaccounted for gas” and eliminates gas meter measurement error
- Improves fuel efficiency (no incremental increase in compressor suction dp)
- Operates efficiently over a wide and varying flow conditions
- Handles heavy liquid loads while maintaining high separation efficiency
- Increases glycol/amine lifecycle and eliminates fire and explosion in the reboiler